Larry Coryell's Jazz Guitar three part DVD series presents an intense and challenging study of jazz guitar ideas. In this second volume the following subjects are discussed:
- Creating the improvised line.
- Substitute chords.
- Importance of the minor/major 7th sound.
- The jazz (ascending melodic) minor scale and related chords.
- How to apply the jazz minor scale to standards.
- Re-positioning altered chords to fit single-note fingering options within the jazz minor spectrum.
- Vocabulary of the improvised line.
- Blues phrasing to a more sophisticated bebop-type of line.
- Guitaristic devices that advance the music, i.e. string-bending, octaves and fingering.
- How to play/improvise on, "Autumn Leaves", as a solo guitar performance or within a small group context.
- More involved chords and improvisation with John Coltrane's, "Moments's Notice"
A detailed tab/music instructional booklet is included as a PDF file on the DVD.
DVD is region 0, playable worldwide.